The construction this year really threw all of my plans for a loop, as the preparation for it really starting in the beginning of January. This project was a great thing, thinking long term, but it took much longer than anyone thought and I felt a little helpless because I never knew what to expect! That being said, I think I met some of my goals.
I made sure to get the email lists from each school early in the year and I did poll teachers on their suggestions for library materials. I also shared with them the summer reading and regents prep LibGuides. Finally, when the construction began, everyone was gracious enough to allow me to come to a faculty meeting to explain to the teachers what was going on and what they could expect from me. I think that went a long way in encouraging teachers to reach out to me and in me getting some face time with all of the staff members. I thank you for that.
Harry Potter Club meetings, bracelet making, and stop motion video making were all great programming for our students. The PDs I hosted for UAM were, I think, successful programming for teachers, and I'd love to do more.
I did purchase more ebooks for the library and had a marketing plan, but that ran out of steam when the construction began.